Friday, May 22, 2009

Dream endlessly. Pursue relentlessly

Here are a few common responses I've received when I talk about ideas and creativity.
  • I can't draw, which means, I'm not an artist.
  • Let so and so do it, he's good at that stuff.
  • I can't understand young people.
  • I don't know why parents do (fill in the blanks).
  • Hire a talent to do the job.
  • Check with requirements, we can't do that.
  • We don't have enough money.
These are all legitimate.
They're safe answers, but to others they're just lame.

For starters, stop thinking about how much money you're going to make from your idea. Rather, share those ideas with people. You have no idea who will lock arms with you to change the course of humanity. What ideas do you have which people need to know about? What keeps you from sleeping at night?

The possibilities are endless.
The opportunities to create are limitless.

Talk about your ideas. Challenge the process. You never know.