Friday, July 11, 2008

iPhone gone wild

So I waited the next morning for Santa to make his full delivery of presents like a good boy should. Wrapped with all the hype from 364 days of waiting, Christmas morning is about the anticipation of something you've waited for. Imagine getting a present that looks like a million bucks from the wrapper. You break through the ribbons. Your eyes begin to illuminate from a shine that glistens through the packaging. As you open to find your newly found obsession, you're shocked to find that the box is empty. Huh?

Santa came in the form of Apple this morning. A firmware 2.0 was all I needed to transition to the new exchange features, and tons of other useful UI tasty iPhone apps. I was able to backup my first gen iPhone, install the 2.0 firmware, and then it happened. Soon after I was able to press my fingers on the face of my smart phone, the box was empty. After reading through the Engadget posts and a pool of disgruntled iPhone customers, the voices were synonymous. Everyone's boxes were empty.

So let's get this straight. Everything in moderation right? Well, apparently for Apple's servers, it was assumed that they would be able to take the hits. Lesson learned, plan accordingly. I now hold what some call, an iBrick, gasp!